<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Trying NOT to say the karl-word 

Talk about a slip of the tongue... the worldwide media and American bloggers have seized on Harper's the Dalai Lama "is not a call girl" remark:
"I met the Dalai Lama in my office but I meet everyone in my office. I don't know why I would sneak off to a hotel room just to meet the Dalai Lama. You know, he's not a call girl," Harper told OMNI television.
But what they don't realize is what Harper was trying desperately NOT to say.
He was going to blurt out "You know, he's not Karlheinz Schreiber" but when he heard himself start the "karl" sound he pulled himself up short but the poor boy never was very good at thinking on his feet so he quickly switched to "call" and then he tried to cover the whole thing up by saying "call girl" and, oh bother, . . .

Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Email me!