Wednesday, May 06, 2009

That left-wing liberal media everybody hates so much

A few days ago, Digby wrote this:
These wingnuts truly seem to believe that the reason people voted for a left leaning Democratic government across the board was because they actually wanted a far right government. If that makes sense to you, then you must be a conservative too.
Then today I'm listening on the radio to Charles Adler and I didn't catch it all, but the 24/7 anti-Ignatieff hysteria had apparently been put on hold for a few moments in order to hash over how US newspapers are dying because so many Americans are annoyed about left-wing liberal bias in the media. And I thought, excuse me? This tired cliche is being put forward, about a country where 65 million Americans voted for Obama and the Democrats? So why would anyone still think that Americans actually prefer Fox and the Washington Times? Well, I guess if that makes sense to you...

No comments: