<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 07, 2012

Banjo Bowl 


The Banjo Bowl in Winnipeg follows the Labour Day Classic in Regina -- which (ahem!) the Riders won this year by 52 to zero, thank you jeebuz. How the Banjo Bowl was born: In 2003, Blue Bombers placekicker/punter Troy Westwood was being hauled over the coals for insulting Saskatchewan and he decided to reply:
"I had referred to the people of Saskatchewan as a bunch of banjo-picking inbreds," Westwood said that afternoon in the Bomber locker-room. "I was wrong to make such a statement, and I'd like to apologize.
[wait for it]
"The vast majority of the people in Saskatchewan have no idea how to play the banjo."
UPDATE: 25 riders 24 bombers. Yay, team!

Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers | 4 comments

4 Comments:

That was a wild finish, not sure I like the white helmets

By Anonymous Wingnut31, at 7:04 pm  

Actually, I do, but don't feel strongly either way.

By Blogger CathiefromCanada, at 11:39 am  

Got too used to the green I guess, really don't like Edmonton switch to green helmets or Calgary wearing the black ones, of the bunch The Riders are the best.

By Anonymous Wingnut31, at 3:40 pm  

They snatched victory from the jaws of defeat!
The one thing I hate with baseball teams is when they wear the "retro" uniforms from the 60s or 70s, which were often psychedelic or otherwise strange looking. Further back, OK.

By Blogger CathiefromCanada, at 8:59 pm  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Email me!