A little nostalgia:
As I contemplate our problems in 2023, I have to keep remembering:
The reason you think things were better when you were younger is that you were too stupid to know how bad things were then.— Dennis Detwiller (@drgonzo123) April 28, 2023
- when I was 8, we were practicing hiding from a nuclear war by scurrying under our school desks when our civil defense air raid siren sounded.
- when I was 13, JFK was assassinated.
- by the time I was 15, tens of thousands of American boys were fighting in Vietnam.
- when I was 17, RFK and MLK were assassinated, and there were riots in Chicago and Detroit and Los Angeles, and Nixon was elected.
- when I was 19, the Ohio National Guard killed four students at Kent State; the FLQ kidnapped James Cross and Pierre LaPorte, and Trudeau pere declared the War Measures Act
It will just be more stupid little Harperian wedge issues, only with more conspiracy theories and culture wars.— Andrew Coyne 🇺🇦 (@acoyne) April 28, 2023
I absolutely loved this:
That's what they said about Doug Ford. Ontario is now going backwards on climate issues, dismantling the healthcare system, underfunding education and social services and turning the province into a cesspool of corruption. Don't worry, they said. Ford will be fine.— suebaker37 #WomenAgainstPoilievre (@suebaker07) April 28, 2023
My president.pic.twitter.com/yVkloHzJsj— Richard Spencer (@RichardBSpencer) April 30, 2023