Monday, May 31, 2021

This sad week

I was going to put up another funny post, but not tonight. 
This week I read the books Nomadland and Snakes in Suits so I was a little bummed out to begin with. 
 And then we got the terrible news about the Kamloops Residential School graveyard, with the certainty that there will be more graves found across Canada. 
A few years ago, when the Truth and Reconciliation Report was released, their use of the term "genocide" was disputed -- I do hope now that that type of  self-righteous and hurtful residential school denialism will not happen again.
I have a Twitter list, Indigenous Twitter, which I set up so I can more easily follow Canada's most prominent Indigenous voices and important news. Here is some of the most useful commentary from today:

No comments: