<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Can Mulcair fight the good fight? 

As best I can, I have maintained my amateur status regarding the NDP leadership race by learning very little about any of the candidates.
But I have liked what I did hear about Thomas Mulcair. I gather he can be difficult to get along with sometimes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the NDP party organization needed some new blood and an "outsider" like Mulcair can provide that.
But actually, I don't really care what kind of NDP leader he is.
What I care about is whether he will be a good Leader of the Opposition.
Canadian opposition to Harper's ideological agenda is both widespread and deep. But its disorganized, waiting for a leader to coalesce around.
Will Mulcair take on the role of fighting Harper tooth and nail? Will he fire up Canadians to fight with him?
Will he be able to articulate a coherent anti-Harper strategy, and gather together enough support from across the country to save Old Age Security, keep us out of war with Iran, and prevent new abortion legislation?
Can he fight? That's my question.


Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers | 3 comments

3 Comments:

My own humble opinion is. Canadians are fighting with Harper. However, fighting against him, not with him.

Since Harper's so called majority, Canada has lost thousands of jobs. We will lose, thousands of more jobs.

Harper has permitted China, to buy up the tar sands. China refuses to pay Canadian wages. They are bringing their own people to work their vast tar sands holdings. That's why China wants to refine the oil in their own country, they pay their own people, starvation wages.

Same in BC. Campbell shipped BC mills to China, along with our raw logs. 131,000 BC mill people lost their jobs. China also owns BC mines. They are bringing their own people to work their mines too.

Harper has no morals or ethics, what-so-ever. He is totally underhanded and, uses dirty tactics, and uses childish attack ads. They say, Mulcair is feisty, and, an excellent debater. I can't see Mulcair taking any crap from Harper.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 pm  

The dirty dozen, brings a tear to my eye.

I had six family members in WW11. Our young Canadian boys were shot and blown to bits, so we wouldn't have...such as Harper, governing our country.

Quite frankly, Harper is not worth their dying for, not yesterday nor, our young military of to-day.

Harper's insult to our, WW11 Veterans, is revolting. Our young military of to-day, get no pension, if maimed for life. They get a sum of money and then, they can bugger off. They are of no more use to Harper.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:58 pm  

China refuses to pay Canadian wages? Do you have a source for this claim Gloria?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 pm  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Email me!