<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 13, 2013

The heart of darkness 

The Globe and Mail has five stories about the terrible, awful, no good, very bad few hours on Friday when Rogers phones weren't working:
“It came at such a horrible time for me. I needed to pick up my younger sister, and when I went to go get her I didn’t know when to go. So I called and texted and it didn’t work, so I left early and I had to waste an extra 20 minutes to get her home. She was freaking out because she couldn’t contact me, call or text. She was blaming her phone and she was scared, worried and upset. Then when I told her it was the system, she kind of calmed down.”
The horror! The horror!

Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers | 3 comments

3 Comments:

The Globe & Mail, with the exception of a few people like Jeffrey Simpson, is a bit of a joke these days. Don't abandon all hope though, the normal humans who actually comment there have a more grounded sense of reality these days and insight into current events, and that's borne out in that same article.

Ironically, they're not Conservative apologists like the Globe...

By Anonymous Kalin, at 1:29 am  

hi Cathie...how can you mock us so cruelly? Do you have any idea what it's like to be without a cellphone for several HOURS. WAAAAAAAH !!!! Of course, luckily I don't subscribe to Rogers, having to pay them for my cable is bad enough. So I was able to enjoy the spectacle, and tell my distraught friends no you can't borrow mine. :O
But yes, isn't it pathetic and a little frightening how dependent on those little toys some people are becoming?

By Blogger Simon, at 3:59 am  

for a few hours there might have been sanity. People need to understand, it is always best to keep a land line. it is always best to know where to pick someone up, prior to them departing, people can loose phones.

People do not need to be "in touch" constantly. They need to engage in their own lives. yes I have a cell phone. I keep it charged and yes, its in my purse, should I need it. I may use it a couple of times a month, that is it. People don't need to be talking all the time. People don't need to be playing computer games all the time, people don't need to be watching t.v./movies on their phones all the time.

people could talk to eachother face to face, they could look at the scenery, etc.

People have bought into the bullshit the telcom giants have been selling them and its costing them a lot of money.

who needs to text or tweet. Have a conversation with someone.

By Anonymous e.a.f., at 6:16 pm  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Email me!