Monday, July 02, 2012
1. Fumbling with payment at the register, especially counting out coins. Coins go into an overflowing jar on the bureau, and I don't want to hear any more about it.I have to admit I've already done a few of these things.
2. Complaining about portion sizes.
3. Complaining about how prices have gone up, in a manner that implies I don't understand how inflation/money works.. . .
4. Voting against school/education taxes. . . .
5. Asking people to guess my age, and then gloating when the guesser tactfully subtracts ten years.
6. Complaining that current popular music isn't even music, or that songs/books/movies USED to be good/quality/art, but NOW are NOT. . . .
7. Explaining to frazzled, exhausted, verge-of-emotional-breakdown women with small children that this is the best time of their lives. . . .
8. Suggesting that things are getting worse and worse with every generation---starting with the one immediately following mine.
9. Complaining about how "weird" baby names are now; why don't people use NORMAL names like the names WE used for OUR babies?
Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers | 5 comments
Oh Nooooo!!! I have done most of them.
However Cathie, you must remember this. You can say anything you like, and anything you choose about corrupt, evil politicians, and to people you don't like. You are excused, because, she is quite up in age now, you know. It's quite fascinating, what you can say, and get away with.
By 5:08 p.m., at
I complain about the music. YUP. But my own kids tell me to turn mine down. Us old punkers. :)
I never ask anyone to guess my age, I am too afraid they won't be tactful, or that being tactful anyway is too close too the truth. LOL.
My older kids have solid conservative names, my youngest have names that make people react like in your list. Hippie names.
Mostly I just feel old, and nothing I do will change that anyway.
Here's another one: the kids who are 18 today don't know what "be kind, rewind" means!
Do you realize there's an entire generation of kids who think that strawberries are supposed to be white in the middle?
By 8:13 p.m., at
Nobody recognizes my Herblock-inspired Richard Nixon imitation any more!