<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 02, 2012

Things NOT to do 

I just came across this list of things that make people look old so if I can just remember not to do these things I guess I'll be young forever:
1. Fumbling with payment at the register, especially counting out coins. Coins go into an overflowing jar on the bureau, and I don't want to hear any more about it.
2. Complaining about portion sizes.
3. Complaining about how prices have gone up, in a manner that implies I don't understand how inflation/money works.. . .
4. Voting against school/education taxes. . . .
5. Asking people to guess my age, and then gloating when the guesser tactfully subtracts ten years.
6. Complaining that current popular music isn't even music, or that songs/books/movies USED to be good/quality/art, but NOW are NOT. . . .
7. Explaining to frazzled, exhausted, verge-of-emotional-breakdown women with small children that this is the best time of their lives. . . .
8. Suggesting that things are getting worse and worse with every generation---starting with the one immediately following mine.
9. Complaining about how "weird" baby names are now; why don't people use NORMAL names like the names WE used for OUR babies?
I have to admit I've already done a few of these things.

Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers | 5 comments

5 Comments:

Oh Nooooo!!! I have done most of them.

However Cathie, you must remember this. You can say anything you like, and anything you choose about corrupt, evil politicians, and to people you don't like. You are excused, because, she is quite up in age now, you know. It's quite fascinating, what you can say, and get away with.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:08 pm  

Interesting list....
I complain about the music. YUP. But my own kids tell me to turn mine down. Us old punkers. :)

I never ask anyone to guess my age, I am too afraid they won't be tactful, or that being tactful anyway is too close too the truth. LOL.

My older kids have solid conservative names, my youngest have names that make people react like in your list. Hippie names.

Mostly I just feel old, and nothing I do will change that anyway.

By Blogger Pale, at 5:35 pm  

Here's another one: the kids who are 18 today don't know what "be kind, rewind" means!

By Blogger CathiefromCanada, at 8:39 pm  

Do you realize there's an entire generation of kids who think that strawberries are supposed to be white in the middle?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 pm  

Nobody recognizes my Herblock-inspired Richard Nixon imitation any more!

By Blogger sunsin, at 7:01 pm  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Email me!