Sunday, May 19, 2013

Tweet roundup 

Some priceless tweets about Wright and Duffy and all that:
You know, it makes me wonder...if Wright was so upright and honest and honourable and all that, like the tweets are saying, then why would it occur to him to give Duffy a personal cheque to make an audit go away? And if so, then who suggested it to him?

Recommend this Post at Progressive Bloggers | 2 comments



The same question occurred to me as well, if Wright is the upright honest person he has been so frequently characterized at then where did this idea come from? We know the repaying the taxpayers notion isn't it since that was never an real concern/problem since the ability to attach Duffy's wages was both obvious and straightforward as the means for repayment in case of Duffy refusing to pay up. So what was Wright's motivation and why did he do this? Granted I am a Harper foe from way back and do not have the most impartial option of him but in this case I simply cannot see how Harper knew nothing about this given Duffy's stature in the Senate, the CPC and as fundraiser and Harper's most prominent Senate appointment. This takes plausible deniability simply farther than I believe it can go, especially when dealing with such a massive control personality as Harper's.

For me the classic Nixon question applies to Harper regarding Wright's action, what did he know and when did he know it? Assuming of course it did not originate with Harper, something I clearly am not willing to assume. I said way back in the Grewal fraud and cover-up that Harper proved his contempt for the rule of law and I see this latest issue as just further vindication of that opinion.

By Blogger Scotian, at 2:29 pm  

Hi, Scotian
Yes, or more likely the Reagan question -- what did Harper know and when did he STOP knowing it?

By Blogger CathiefromCanada, at 3:35 pm  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Email me!