Sunday, March 09, 2008

Today's next great line

In counterpoint to my post about Wolcott, here is John Cole:
If there has been a dumber, baser, more self-destructive campaign than the one waged by Hillary Clinton this year, I am not aware of it. She isn’t content to go down alone. She is taking the party with her.
In regard to the 3AM ad, which Cole is mainly talking about, the funniest version of this I heard was that Hillary answers the phone and hears "Is Bill there?"
I do disagree, however, that this fight is hurting the Democratic Party -- I think they will find themselves stronger in the end because through the battle of Hillary vs Obama they are defining what they really are and what they really stand for. They have needed to do this ever since the American voters turned away from Democrats in 1994.

No comments: