Friday, June 03, 2005

I love this show

Here they are:

He's my fave.


I read something recently about a college graduating class being asked whether they would throw over the professions they had just finished training forif they could go and write for Family Guy for a year, and most of them said sure. The tone of the article was shocked!- shocked! - at how shallow these young people were. But hey, you can go and be an engineer or a lawyer or a doctor anytime, but how many opportunities does someone have to write dialogue like this:
PETER:(riding a circus elephant) "Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."
STEWIE: (talking to teddy bear Rupert) "Rupert did you know that the word 'gullible' isn’t in the dictionary? ...(passes dictionary to Rupert)... What's that, it ISN’T? ...(takes dictionary)... Oh, Rupert, hoisted by my own petard! Haha! Haha!......I am so alone..."
LOIS: "My days in college were so exciting. This one time, the national guard came and shot some of my friends."
CHRIS: "I never knew anyone who went crazy before, except for my invisible friend, Col. Schwartz."
BRIAN: "Hey, barkeep, whose leg do you have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"

No comments: