Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Spring cleaning time

Get Organized! I've never been much of a house cleaner, but we do often enjoy watching HGTV and every now and then I check out their site.
After tonight's blog cleanup -- Pine and Embarassed to be Canadian, buh-bye -- I guess I am thinking about everything else that needs to be scrubbed around the house.
Some random observations:
What I have always disliked about house cleaning is this -- it never really gets you anywhere. All that work and the only thing you have to show for it is that the house briefly looks the way it should look all the time. But at least now we have all the Swifer stuff to make it quicker, which works great as long as your standards aren't too high.
Luckily, that has never been a problem for me.
I have tried hard never to be one of those annoying Poppins-wannabe little-red-hen sort of people who feel that only their own housework is good enough -- except that I do find myself bitching to my family that if they would only FOLD the damn laundry when it comes out of the dryer, instead of throwing it pellmell into the basket every which way, then it wouldn't get all WRINKLED and need IRONING . . . is anyone listening to me? Anybody? Oh, well . . .

No comments: