I wish it had gone to Prime Minister Carney for his leadership around the world this year, but maybe Canada dodged a bullet.
Here's a story in three cartoons:

Meanwhile, Melanie Joly is bringing the fire on the Stelco plant issue And Poilievre continues to not bother researching the issues before he talks to the mediaPrime Minister Mark Carney announced Thursday that his government is investing $2 billion into a new national heat pump rebate program, with the goal of incentivizing Canadians to retrofit more energy efficient heating options. www.ctvnews.ca/politics/art... #Canada
— cm π (@cmcalgary.bsky.social) October 9, 2026 at 12:41 AM
[image or embed]
I guess Musk gets coverage because he's so rich. But his ideas are just so stupid.WATCH: Alberta MP and CPC Leader, @PierrePoilievre, asked about Alberta's high-speed rail plan. He mumbles that he hasn’t seen the plan. Reporter says his Alberta caucus was presented with the plan this week. Awkwardness ensues:
— Jason Pugh π¨π¦ π³️π (@TheJasonPugh) October 8, 2026
On his Alberta Politics substack, David Climenhaga writes a brilliant article
It’s no surprise the Most Hated Man on Earth thinks that Canada should be busted up and sold for scrap. But it does clear the air to have it right out there, don’t you think?Click through to read the whole thing, its worth it.
I speak of course of Elon Musk, although I realize that the title of Most Hated Man on Earth is contested, as is the one about being the richest person on the planet, and that just like heavyweight pugilists, one guy never gets to occupy the top spot for long.
Still, it’s helpful to know that someone as widely despised by normal humans as is Mr. Musk thinks ill of Confederation....
I liked Scott Moe's response
And isn't this great I did not know thisNo.
— Scott Moe (@PremierScottMoe) October 7, 2026
Signs of the Apocalypse - a regular round-up of the crazy stuff happening down south
I suppose its possible that both of these could be true:

Sometimes America is hilarious:
It's Artificial Intelligence. It's Twitter. It's the Gulf of Mexico. It's Lake Ontario. It's the Department of Defense. It's the Kennedy Center.
— Allison Gill (@muellershewrote.com) October 8, 2026 at 2:43 PM
I think this is called "Mar a Lago face"I love the glee with which Ossoff is pinning Collins to all of Collins's far right pals.
— Steve Saideman (@smsaideman.bsky.social) October 8, 2026 at 8:54 PM
[image or embed]
Other times its just a never-ending horrorJust another day in the Presidency as directed by Fellini.
— Schooley (@schooley.bsky.social) October 7, 2026 at 3:54 PM
[image or embed]
"They hit us bad. It was horrible. There were a lot of brave guys who stayed to fight there — and people at home don't know what happened. We had to abandon the base." -- Continued strong reporting from CBS News (not a typo) on US losses during the Iran war. www.cbsnews.com/news/iran-at...
— Bill Grueskin (@bgrueskin.bsky.social) October 8, 2026 at 4:14 PM
[image or embed]
They are going to livestream the execution by firing squad of a man in a wheelchair?
— digby (@digby56.bsky.social) October 8, 2026 at 4:15 PM
[image or embed]
I'm not surprised Republicans will just stay home. They're too embarrassed to go out anymore.Whoa. @haleaziz.bsky.social has the scoop on a truly insane plan to use some military training ships for deportations, with people presumably shackled or locked in cells for days at a time as they transit to Central and South America. Each journey would be staggeringly expensive — and dangerous.
— Aaron Reichlin-Melnick (@reichlinmelnick.bsky.social) October 8, 2026 at 2:02 PM
[image or embed]
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, and I'm an absolute moron. Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription. www.nytimes.com/2026/10/08/u...
— lornepw.bsky.social (@lornepw.bsky.social) October 8, 2026 at 2:29 PM
[image or embed]


No comments:
Post a Comment