
Poilievre is finished
A pathetic and pointless press conference today where he resented the questions he was asked
Tone deaf. Not reading the room. add in whatever description you want. I would love to see the polling advice he's getting that claims htis message will resonate with Canadians. #cdnpoli #Canada
— Scott Tribe -A proud "Ketchup Chip Nationalist" member (@stribeprogblog.bsky.social) October 9, 2026 at 1:59 PM
[image or embed]
The Alberta referendum is finished
The closer we get to the referendum, the more people are realizing how stupid it is. In The Globe and Mail, columnist Andrew Coyne descrubes the entire Alberta referendum as a pointless, futile stunt
...they’re not going to happen. To take one example: Abolishing the Senate requires the approval of the federal parliament and all 10 provincial legislatures. Good luck with that. The feds, for their part, are never going to agree to make provincial laws paramount over theirs, or to entrench opting out, not just for new programs (that was one of the more contentious items on the Meech Lake agenda), but for existing ones. Perhaps provincial court judges should be appointed by provincial governments, but you can be sure that Ottawa will want to get something in exchange. As it should. The whole thing is a pointless, futile stunt. Again, the purpose is not legitimate democratic consultation, on matters that are within the province’s jurisdiction, but to pick a fight with the federal government (much as the immigration questions are designed to demonize immigrants). I don’t even think the point is to bully the feds into submission. It’s confrontation for confrontation’s sake. So be it. The constitutional questions are as pointless as the rest, and deserving of the same fate: if not to be rejected by the good citizens of Alberta, then to be comprehensively ignored by the rest of Canada. ...Besides, when it comes to ignoring referendum results, the provinces are past masters. Two previous referendum losses did not dissuade the Parti QuΓ©bΓ©cois from pursuing its secessionist ambitions: they just teed it up to ask again. As for Alberta: it wasn’t only the rest of Canada that ignored the will of Albertans in 2021. So did the government of Alberta. ... “The people have spoken” is always the rule, so long as they tell their rulers what they want to hear.Deirdre Mitchell-Maclean went to an Alberta separatist discussion group so you don’t have to. And I love her title Two plus two equals fish
...Conspiracy world is a truly dizzying space that is propped up and propelled by a shallow but consistent feedback loop that is accepted as the norm rather than the outlier.
Someone asked how I can sit in these spaces and not be “turned” by them. I responded that little of it is actually “new” to me. ... I know them well enough to also know what’s missing when I hear them again. I’m also contrarian by nature. When I hear something new, I’m motivated to look into it, while being discerning of my sources. Then there’s the logic brain which necessarily balks at “two plus two equals fish.” Even if I could control for the former, I have no control over the latter.
Which is not to say that I’m immune; I’m sure I could be turned by an extremely well-designed argument for which no more reasonable explanation or conclusion existed.
However, much of the fervor around separation and even “freedom” stems from adding everything they don’t like together to get “fish”....
The Trump administration is finished
As the Mid-Terms approach, Trump is getting more frantic and flailing.
Dumb (with a “b”) Donny here is confusing North Korea with Iran here because he never learned to read a map America is being run into the ground by some of the most wilfully stupid malignant greedy assholes ever to stand upright
— Pat Bagley (@bagleycartoons.bsky.social) October 9, 2026 at 12:17 PM
[image or embed]
Trump FALLS APART in Syracuse NY… Small unenthusiastic crowd. Trump is pissed off he didn't get the Nobel Peace Prize, says he's angry at Norway, he continues to LIE to his gullible audience that he ended 8 wars and deserves 8 Nobel Peace Prizes. youtu.be/K3DBNBL0d0Y?...
— Fight4Equality (Banned from X) (@fights4justice.bsky.social) October 9, 2026 at 9:54 PM
[image or embed]
Now it is New York that has erupted in rage against ICEThe Nobel went to a former ICC judge. So Trump sanctioned the whole ICC. Eight allies just issued a joint statement telling him to cut it out. His ego is now a foreign policy crisis.
— ctrl+alt+RESIST (@ctrlaltresist.com) October 9, 2026 at 11:21 AM
[image or embed]
There is a concept in psychology called the "extinction burst"Yesterday afternoon, ICE agents — who did not present a warrant, and who appear to have been disguised as construction workers — fired 7 shots into a car with a 5-year-old child, hitting Oscar Belgal in the neck.
— Brad Lander (@bradlander.bsky.social) October 9, 2026 at 5:20 PM
[image or embed]
...when a behavior that was previously rewarded or responded to suddenly stops being reinforced. ..the behavior often temporarily increases in intensity, frequency, or duration before it begins to decrease.As the right-wing realizes it is finished, I expect we'll see an extinction burst happening everywhere. And Canada is NOT finished!
In other words, when something that used to work no longer works, our first reaction is often to try harder before eventually giving up on the behavior.
π¨π¦ Canada is building big again. LNG Canada Phase 2 will unlock $33 billion in private investment, create thousands of good jobs, strengthen Indigenous partnerships, and bring Canadian energy to new markets. A major step toward a stronger, more resilient Canadian economy. #SouthShoreStMargarets
— Jessica Fancy (@jessicafancymp.bsky.social) October 9, 2026 at 2:42 PM
[image or embed]
The Government of Canada is investing $2 billion to support 1 million home retrofits across Canada. π¨π¦ ⚡️ Heat pump rebates for up to 820,000 households π Energy-efficiency upgrades for 280,000 rental units Swipe to learn more! π News release: bit.ly/4yxvaCW π Sign up for updates: bit.ly/4hDD33V
— Mark Gerretsen (@markgerretsen.bsky.social) October 9, 2026 at 9:01 AM
[image or embed]
No comments:
Post a Comment