Tuesday, March 01, 2022

Today's News: the "Before Times" are gone

I tell you, I'm getting very very tired of the 2020s. 
If I could return them for a refund, I sure would.
I had been thinking of the days before March 2020 as the "Before Times" -- when we could enjoy going to stores and restaurants and visiting people and going to the office, without worrying about a dreadful disease that could kill us and our families.
Now I realize the days before February 2022 were actually the "Before Times" -- when we could keep ourselves safe by getting vaccinated and wearing masks and working from home, without worrying about a Russian madman threatening to start a nuclear World War Three.
We don't know how this is going to go, and it's going to take a while before anyone will find out: Meanwhile, the tweets go on and I keep assembling them to post here -- I notice that apparently the people who "did their research" in Epidemiology in 2020 are now doing post-graduate work in Slavic Studies! Today, I noticed a little more realism on twitter, sharing the warning that this isn't going to be a quick or easy conflict.
Every day, I am proud to be Canadian and to have leaders like Trudeau, Freeland, Rae, and Joly: Individuals are figuring out how to do their part: And there is one funny thing about all this -- Fox News and the Republicans are both looking pathetic:

No comments: