Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Sweeping up the Heart: Molly


Our Molly died today. 
She was diagnosed with gastric lymphoma cancer in May, and we knew from the beginning that it was incurable. We hoped we could at least have one more good summer with her, and for the most part that happened -- in the end, today was as long as she could last. 
Thank you, Molly, for being such a good dog.

The Bustle in a House 
The Morning after Death 
Is solemnest of industries 
Enacted upon Earth, – 

The Sweeping up the Heart 
And putting Love away 
We shall not want to use again 
Until Eternity.

5 comments:

Lorne said...

My condolences,Cathie. I know what it is to lose a dear canine friend.

Cap said...

So sorry to hear that, Cathie. You lost a real cutie. I'm sure she brought you much joy.

Trailblazer said...

My Lab cross died 9 years ago; I still have a tear for him.
There is good reason to call a dog mans best friend.
Take cafe, be safe.
TB

Cathie from Canada said...

Thanks everyone. She was the GOAT of dogs

RossK said...

Really, really, really sorry to hear of this Cathie. I'm sure she had the best summer possible and many more even more fantastic before this one!