Saturday, October 01, 2022

Today's News: Honouring Truth and Reconciliation Day

A wave of orange shirts filled Saskatoon as people walked from CUMFI to Victoria Park during the Rock Your Roots Walk for Reconciliation on National Truth and Reconciliation day in Saskatoon, Sask. on Sept. 30, 2022. PHOTO BY MICHELLE BERG /Saskatoon StarPhoenix

At the end of the book The Christmas Carol, Dickins wrote a line about about honouring Christmas every day of the year. When I was thinking today about Truth and Reconciliation Day, I think this is what we need to remember and commit to doing: 
I will honour Truth and Reconciliation in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach. 

But also, this: From last night's football game - In other news, enjoy these.

No comments: