Friday, May 20, 2022

Soldiers of Ukraine

I have been struck by the number of outstanding photos I am seeing of the brave soldiers fighting for Ukraine. I have been collecting these now for more than a month, and tonight I thought I would post some of the best:

Here are members of the Ukrainian Territorial Defense Forces hold Easter cakes near the trenches, outside Kyiv on April 23.


Tyler Hicks/The New York Times
I am so impressed by this young soldier, in a photo taken outside Kyiv as the Russians were leaving earlier in April:
 Marcus Yam/ LA Times
How beautiful is this? There are so many other First Responders worth highlighting too -- here's a firefighter taking a break:
Emilio Morenatti/AP

And here's a fellow who arrived in Ukraine as a volunteer - he's not a soldier but likely should be someday: On the Russian side, today's Darwin Award goes to...
Moving back to Canada for a moment, I couldn't resist retweeting this classic:

No comments: